Wooden Pillow Benefits & Exercises
The Wooden Pillow is a self-massage tool to help you get fast relief from pain and tension along your spine, especially in your neck and shoulders.
The neck, shoulders, and the back of the head are the first areas to tense up when you’re under stress. By using the Wooden Pillow in that area, you can effectively target your body’s energy points and meridians (energy channels) to relieve any stress, pain, and tension that you hold there.
The Wooden Pillow is primarily used under your neck while gently rocking your head side to side. You’ll feel your muscles relaxing and vertebrae coming back into proper alignment as you comfortably exhale your tension away.
Wooden Pillow Benefits
- Relieves tension in the neck and shoulders
- Eases painful headaches
- Reduces stress
- Realigns the vertebrae
- Improves sleep through the night
- Promotes proper energy circulation
- Can be used to massage the intestines for better digestion
- Can be used as a foot massager
Perfect way to wind
down and improve sleep
Too much stress on your mind can lead to nights spent tossing and turning. The Wooden Pillow is an effective tool to release stress and improve sleep. With regular use, it can reverse chronic insomnia and help increase the time spent in deep, restorative sleep.
Improve energy flow
The Wooden Pillow uses the same energy principles as acupuncture and acupressure, which have been used to heal the body for thousands of years. According to these practices, pain and illness result from blockages in the body’s energy system. The Wooden Pillow helps release these blockages and stimulate energy flow throughout your body.
A handy foot massager
The Wooden Pillow can also be used to deeply stimulate and massage the foot as you step on it in different positions. Using reflexology, the feet are connected to all of your organs and body parts, so using the pillow for a foot massage will deeply ease tension beyond the spine. The Wooden Pillow is strong enough to support any person's full weight.
Experience deep core relaxation
Many people have poor digestion and abdominal health because of the tension held in their abdomen. The Wooden Pillow can be used as a core relaxation tool to release tension from deep within the abdomen, which improves blood circulation and lymph detoxification. Since the abdomen also contains the key energy center of the body, you will also find that this increases your sense of vitality and balances your mood.
Durable & Portable Handcrafted from Premium Cedar Wood
The Wooden Pillow is made of cedar wood, known for its strength, durability, and resistance to warping. It withstands decades of use and is small and light enough to take anywhere, even in a suitcase.
Size: 117/8" long, 57/16" wide, 25/8" high
How to Use the Wooden Pillow
To relieve your stiff neck and tension headaches:
- Place the Wooden Pillow flat on the floor. For more comfort, you can place a towel over it or use the Wooden Pillow Cover.
- Lie down, place the Wooden Pillow under your neck and very gently rock your head side to side.
- Open your mouth slightly as you breathe out. Focus on relaxing the muscles in your neck.
- As you become more comfortable and you feel your muscles begin to relax, move the pillow higher on your head, above the hairline behind your neck.
- Begin with practicing this a few minutes a day, and then increase the time up to 20 minutes as you become comfortable.
To experience deep core relaxation:
- Lower Abdomen: Lie on your stomach and place the Wooden Pillow below your belly button, above your hip bones. Breathe in, and as you breathe out, gently press in the Wooden Pillow with your abdominal muscles to release tension. Push your abdominal muscles in and out as you apply gentle pressure.
- Upper/Mid-Abdomen: Stimulate the middle abdomen by following the horizontal line along the belly button. For the upper abdomen, put the Wooden Pillow right below the ribs and push in and out with the breath to release tension and stagnant energy.
- Deeper Abdomen: Lie down on your stomach, and place the Wooden Pillow right above the hip joints. Stimulate your lower and upper abdomen by rocking your pelvis side to side. Push out with your abdominal muscles as you breathe in, and relax as your breathe out, letting the Wooden Pillow stimulate the deep blockages held in your abdomen.
To massage your feet:
- Step on the pillow to stimulate the energy points on your feet. You can do this while sitting in a chair, or standing by somewhere that you can hold on to for balance and support.
- For deeper stimulation, press one foot into the corner of the pillow.
Included with your pillow, the Wooden Pillow Experience course gives you 27 guided videos on how to use the Wooden Pillow for head-to-toe healing with acupressure specialist Donna Lovong as your talented and compassionate instructor.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.