Drink in the mysteries of a thousand years with Hwangchil (Dendropanax) tea. Its soothing taste and subtle fragrance warms your core, awakening your inner healer from head to toe. Drink Hwangchil tea to revitalize and calm the nervous system, stimulate and tonify the meridians, and for peace of body and mind.
What is Hwangchil (Dendropanax) Tea?
In Greek, Dendro means tree and panax means panacea. Dendropanax is an adaptogenic herb and part of the Ginseng family, making it an excellent tonic for your nervous system. It is found in Hwangchil trees, which give off the subtle, delicate fragrance of Benzoin that is relaxing to the body and comforting to the mind.
We source only from high quality Hwangchil trees native to the southern regions of Korea, mainly from Bogildo island. We use a special kiln that preserves its original nutrients and emits negative ions to create a magnificent, smooth and light taste. In the final product, the beneficial ingredients in Hwangchil are drawn after it goes through a process of fermentation, roasting and cooling.
The History of Hwangchil
Korea's Hwangchil—highly prized for its medicinal properties—has been pillaged by Asian rulers for at least two millennia. As outside forces invaded Korea, foreign rulers demanded Hwangchil be paid as tribute in exchange for peace in the region. After the Second Manchu Invasion in 1636, the Korean king ordered his people to axe down all the remaining Hwangchil trees to declare that it was no longer an item that Korea would pay in return for China's promise not to invade the nation.
Although Hwangchil had been obscured and hidden within a painful history, Brain Education founder, Ilchi Lee, has rediscovered it and wants to bring its healing properties back into the world. His goal is to carry on its legacy by finding ways to continue its original intention, which was to optimize our natural healing power.
How to Drink Hwangchil Tea
- Put 2g (about 1 teaspoon) of Hwangchil Loose Leaf tea in a cup or teapot.
- Steep in about 60 - 80℃ (140 - 175℉) water for 4 minutes.
Meditation with Hwangchil Tea
- Color - Receive bright energy into your brain through your eyes as you gaze at the golden green color of the tea.
- Temperature - Holding the teacup in your hands, feel the warmth in your hands and arms.
- Fragrance - Smell and inhale the soft fragrance of the tea to relax your chest, diaphragm and throat.
- Taste - Take a gentle sip. As your swallow, feel the warmth of the tea passing down your throat, chest and to your lower belly.
- Become One with the Tea - Taking long deep breaths, feel your body and mind fill with ease and comfort.
Infusion type: Loose leaf
Ingredients: 100% Hwangchil Tea Leaves (sourced from South Korea)
Storage: Avoid moisture and direct sunlight. Store in a cool area in an airtight container.
Learn more about Hwangchil here.